George Thomson – Founder and President
George is a lifelong Independent Adjuster who has been in the business since September 1980. His extensive experience across Canada involves dealing with catastrophic losses as a result of natural disasters such as the Quebec Ice Storm, Edmonton Flood and others. He previously worked for Underwriters Adjusters Bureau and Adjusters Canada (now Crawford Canada) before starting his own company, Thomson Adjusters in 2013. In addition to attending McMaster University, George holds the following professional designations; Full Lines Accredited Independent Adjuster, Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator, National Association of Fire Investigators and is fully bilingual in French and English. His levels of expertise include but are not limited to municipal liability, property claims, task assignment, fire department recoveries. auto claims and more. George has developed relationships with many towns, counties across Ontario, and has worked with all types of insurers, from small mutual insurers to multi-national insurers. His personal yet professional touch, from start to finish, has allowed him to be well known particularly in the Dufferin County Area.
Qualifications / Designations
- Full Lines Accredited Independent Adjuster ( CIP)
- Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator (CFEI)
- Classified by my experience as a large loss adjuster at Crawford Canada Inc. with Global Tech Services designation (GTS)
- Over 24 years experience in the Orangeville area
- Bilingual French/English
My levels of expertise include but are not limited to:
- Municipal liability, property claims, etc
- Property (personal and commercial)
- Task assignments (including accident benefits SABS).
- All lines auto claims
- Fire dept recoveries
- Below deductible claims and consultation work
- Errors and Omissions
- Oil Spills
My experience is wide and varied and am able to handle anything from the small statements, minor tasks to multi-million dollar losses
- I am very comfortable dealing with lawyers and public adjusters
- I am able to cater to my customer needs quickly and efficiently
- I have testified in court as a Crown witness in Criminal matters, Defense representative in Small Claims Court suits, etc.
- Acted as an Umpire and Appraiser in the Appraisal Dispute process
- Travelled and have worked in many Catastrophic situations all over Canada over the years (Montreal Ice Storm and floods in Toronto, Peterborough, Edmonton, Kingston, etc.)
- Attended mediations as an insurer representative in SABS situations